RUT October Iron Condor Closed.
RUT has moved up beyond the expiration breakeven this afternoon, and the position has gone negative-theta. At the risk of RUT moving even higher, the position was closed as follows:
- BOUGHT RUT October 1460 Call, 35.75 Debit.
- SOLD RUT October 1510 Call, 7.65 Credit.
- BOUGHT RUT October 1440 Put, 5.80 Debit.
- SOLD RUT October 1390 Put, 2.05 Credit.
Closing order executed as a single order: BUY " Iron Condor" .
Net Debit to Close Iron Condor: $31.85 (all four legs)
- SOLD RUT October 1500 Call.
Net Credit to close Call: $11.20.
This closing resulted in a loss of ($395), 7.9% of the gross margin.
Some traders may choose to operate on the "hopium" that RUT may pull back, but I felt it was better risk management to exit the position before the loss became greater.
As always, stay keen on your risk management and trade carefully,