Long Play Updates
Burlington Coat - BCF - close: 40.04 chg: +0.44 stop: 37.45*new*
BCF is starting to look more bullish with today's 1.1% gain and breakout over round-number resistance at the $40.00 mark. We are raising the stop loss to $37.45. Our target is the $43.50-44.00 range.
October 24 at $38.90
Csk Auto - CAO - close: 15.55 change: +0.08 stop: 14.75
We see no changes from our weekend update on CAO. The stock spent the session churning sideways in a tight range. Our target is the $17.50 mark but we only have a few weeks. We do not want to hold over the early December earnings report.
on November 02 at $15.58
Corning Inc. - GLW - close: 20.05 chg: -0.06 stop: 18.99
GLW dipped to $19.69 this morning but bulls were quick to buy the dip and push the stock back above the $20.00 mark. We see no changes from our weekend update on the stock. Our target is the $21.90-22.00 range. Our time frame is seven weeks.
on November 13 at $20.11
Intel Corp. - INTC - close: 25.37 chg: +0.24 stop: 23.45
INTC is still looking strong but the rally is struggling with the 100-dma near $25.50. If you're looking for a new bullish entry point we would keep an eye on the simple 10-dma. Our year-end target is the $26.00-26.50 range.
on November 06 at $ 23.99
Komag - KOMG - close: 28.35 change: -0.42 stop: 26.99
KOMG remains under short-term resistance at the $29.00 level and we remain on the sidelines. Our strategy is to use a trigger at $29.21 to open long positions. More conservative traders may want to wait for a move over $30.00 or its simple 50-dma at 29.80. If we are triggered we'll target a rise to the $34.00-35.00 range. Our time frame is seven weeks.
Picked on November xx at $xx.xx <-- see TRIGGER
Mentor Graphics - MENT - close: 8.64 chg: -0.23 stop: 8.49
We remain on the sidelines. MENT is slipping away from resistance at the top of its trading range near $9.00. Our trigger to go long is at $9.05. If triggered we'll target a run into the $9.95-10.00 range.
Picked on October xx at $xx.xx <-- see Trigger
Patterson Companies - PDCO - cls: 42.46 chg: -0.47 stop: 39.99
We see no changes from our weekend update on PDCO. We are not suggesting new bullish positions here. Remember we plan to exit ahead of earnings.
Picked on October 30 at $40.85
VCA Antech - WOOF - close: 27.09 chg: -0.03 stop: 25.90
We see no change from our weekend update on WOOF. The stock traded in a narrow range on Monday. We are going to target a rise into the $29.90-30.00 range. Our time frame is seven weeks.
on November 09 at $26.74
Short Play Updates
Sanderson Farms - SAFM - close: 32.49 chg: -0.94 stop: 35.01*new*
Heads up! After a weekend of news it looks like investors are growing more worried about avian flu again. SAFM lost 2.8% on above average volume and looks poised to hit our target in the $32.00-31.00 range. More aggressive traders may want to think about aiming lower. Meanwhile we're lowering our stop to $35.01.
Picked on October 23 at $35.17
Tecumseh Prod. - TECUA - close 19.39 chg: +0.05 stop: 20.55
Hmmm... we're not sure what to make of today's action in TECUA. The stock declined after the open but the selling stalled near the $19.00 level and shares were rebounding higher into the closing bell. We suspect that TECUA will make an attempt to rally into the $19.75-20.00 range. A failed rally under $20.00 could be used as a new bearish entry point but enter new positions carefully! Our target is the $16.00 mark.
Picked on November 09 at $18.96
Closed Long Plays
IPC Holdings - IPCR - close: 30.39 chg: +0.87 stop: 27.75
Target achieved! IPCR turned in a very strong day added 2.9% on above average volume to breakout over resistance at the $30.00 level. Our target was the $29.95-30.00 range. We are closing the play but if you have not exited yet more aggressive traders may want to think about leaving a small position open as the move over $30.00 is very bullish. The top of the gap near $31 and the 50-dma near 31.30 is the next level of overhead resistance.
Picked on November 02 at $28.15
Closed Short Plays
Phazar - ANTP - close: 14.97 change: +2.17 stop: 15.01
Time to go! This morning ANTP announced two new antennae models and the stock spiked higher on the news. Whether or not the news warrants this sort of rally is irrelevant. Once the rally began we're faced with the risk of a short-squeeze. ANTP does still have resistance at the $15.00 level but if the stock can push back above the $15 mark it will be a new P&F buy signal. We're choosing to exit early before the rally gets any more painful.
Picked on November 03 at $13.32