Current Portfolio:


CALL Play Updates

ConocoPhillips - COP - close 54.32 change +0.66 stop 52.30

Target(s): 56.20, 57.25, 58.25
Key Support/Resistance Areas: 58.50, 57.00, 53.00 to 53.50
Current Gain/Loss: -6%
Time Frame: 1 to 3 weeks
New Positions: Yes

Comments:
9/8: COP rebounded today after yesterday's sell-off and has held above its 50-day SMA, while also closing above all other major moving averages. I've adjusted our targets down slightly. If our $57.25 target is reached the profit projection is +53%.

9/7: We are long November COP calls as the stock hit our trigger in early trading. Oil sold off today on the back of a better than +1% rally in the US Dollar. We are going to be right or right out of this trade. COP is sitting on its 50-day SMA and also has solid support down to $53.00. If this support is broken we'll step aside. New positions can be opened with tight stops below. Our official stop has been lowered just underneath the 200-day SMA.

9/4: Whether you believe the economy is improving or not, Oil companies should do well with the slimmest prospects of economic growth. Even if that growth is at a slower pace at least it is not a contracting scenario we've been dealing with throughout August. Technically, COP has made a series of higher lows and is now above all of its moving averages. I would like to see some retracement of last weeks gains which I think will be bought. I suggest readers initiate long positions on weakness in the stock, using a trigger of $54.70 which is near Friday's lows and above the 20-day SMA. More nimble traders could consider buying a breakout over Friday's highs or wait for a larger retracement to the $54.00 area. But I'm not so sure we are going to get it prior to the stock advancing higher. I am looking for a $2 to $3 move higher and if triggered our profit projection for the first two targets is +55% and +80%. Our stop is $52.85.

Suggested Position: Buy November $57.50 CALL, entry was at $1.05

Entry on September xx
Earnings 10/28/2010 (unconfirmed)
Average Daily Volume: 8.9 million
Listed on September 4, 2010


Int'l Business Machines - IBM - close 126.08 change +0.13 stop 121.90

Target(s): 127.75, 129.90
Key Support/Resistance Areas: 132.00, 128.00, 127,00, 123.00
Current Gain/Loss: +0%
Time Frame: 1 to 2 weeks
New Positions: Yes

Comments:
9/8: IBM is maintaining an upward intraday trend line that began on 8/31 and is also testing the backside of a broken intraday downtrend line that began on 8/31. There is support at current levels and any broader market strength should get IBM moving towards our targets.

9/7: IBM closed near Friday's lows which was a gap higher from Thursday. If the stock does not bounce here it could be headed to $124.60 area. New positions can be considered now or on any further weakness.

9/4: Today's gain in IBM takes some of the sting out of our loss in AAPL. IBM is approaching our first target of $127.75 but we my experience a pullback early this week. Any pullback to the $126.50 to $126.25 area could be considered for new positions. However, if IBM goes higher first I suggest being quick to take profits.

Current Position: Long October $130.00 CALL, entry was $1.50

Entry on September 1, 2010
Earnings 10/18/2010 (unconfirmed)
Average Daily Volume: 5.5 million
Listed on August 28, 2010


iShares Russell 2000 - IWM - close 63.48 change +0.37 stop 59.80

Target(s): 66.50, 67.75
Key Support/Resistance Areas: To Follow
Time Frame: 2 to 4 weeks

Comments:
9/8: We are waiting for our trigger of $62.50 to enter long positions in IWM. We are going to need a strong down day which could come at anytime, perhaps after tomorrow's jobless claims report. I suggest being ready to take advantage of the dip. My comments from bellow remain the same. Note: I incorrectly listed the wrong November strike price in the play release last night. It has been corrected and I apologize for the error.

9/7: I believe any further weakness in the Russell 2000 and broader market present buying opportunities for an early fall rally and into the mid-term elections, of which will probably result in gridlock in Washington which is generally good for equities. Fund managers will begin reallocating their portfolios and cash on the sidelines should be put to work. Let's use a trigger of $62.50 to initiate long positions in IWM which is near the 38.2% retracement from the lows on 8/24 to the highs on 9/3. Our initial stop will be $59.80. Our targets are near the June and July highs.

Suggested Position: Buy November $65.00 CALL, current ask $2.54, estimated ask at entry $2.15

Entry on September xx
Earnings N/A (unconfirmed)
Average Daily Volume: 60 million
Listed on September 7, 2010


NVIDIA Corp. - NVDA - close 10.32 change +0.33 stop 9.15

Target(s): 10.75, 11.35, 11.80
Key Support/Resistance Areas: 11.85, 11.45, 11.00, 10.25, 10.00 9.45
Current Gain/Loss: +1.3%
Time Frame: 1 to 2 weeks
New Positions: Yes

Comments:
9/8: NVDA hit our breakout trigger to enter long positions. The stock has now officially printed a higher high which confirms the higher low made last week. The stock has closed above its 50-day SMA and its 20-day SMA is rising. We also have an upward trend line as a good reference point to manage the trade going forward. I think pullbacks can be bought for readers who do not have open positions. $10.00 is a solid support level but I'm not convinced NVDA will trade there unless broader market weakness surfaces in earnest, which is certainly a possibility.

9/7: We are waiting to be triggered in NVDA. The stock closed above its 50-day SMA for the first time since 4/15. If the market rebounds tomorrow we will most likely get triggered on the breakout.

9/4: In my opinion the odds of the broader market going higher are greater than it going lower, although there will probably be a pullback so the bulls can regain their energy. As such, I think NVDA can be bought and I suggest readers initiate long positions using a trigger of $9.72 (just above the 20-day SMA and today's low) or a breakout at $10.30 (above the 8/23 high). Ideally, it would be nice to get the lower price as I have been advocating in recent updates but either has the potential to produce a nice winning trade. Our new stop will be $9.15 initially. I've updated the targets and the play release from 8/28.

9/1 & 9/2: More nimble traders may want to consider bullish positions in NVDA now as the stock is almost 7% below our plan to buy it on a breakout. Officially we will wait for the breakout but if that doesn't happen in soon the play will most likely be dropped.

Suggested Position: Buy October $10.00 CALL with a trigger of $9.72 or $10.30, current ask $0.54

Entry on August xx
Earnings 11/4/2010 (unconfirmed)
Average Daily Volume: 23.5 million
Listed on August 28, 2010


Rackspace Hosting, Inc - RAX - close 20.43 change +0.36 stop 17.95

Target(s): 20.75(hit), 21.30, 21.95, 23.00
Key Support/Resistance Areas: 23.50, 21.40, 20.00, 19.50, 19.00, 18.00
Current Gain/Loss: +14%
Time Frame: 3 to 5 weeks
New Positions: Yes

Comments:
9/8: RAX double bottomed with yesterday's lows and closed almost +2% higher on the day. We are looking for a continuation of the recent move higher and if the broader market cooperates I'm looking for RAX to hit our 2nd target of $21.30 and possibly $21.95 this week. As these targets approach be ready to take profits or tighten stops to protect them.

9/7: RAX drifted lower all day and broke an intraday trend line. However, RAX closed above the pivotal $20.00 support level and also has all of its major moving averages below. New positions can be considered now, especially on any further weakness. The next level of support below $20.00 is near $19.50.

9/4: RAX consolidated gains today and finished relatively flat after selling off early in the session. New positions can be considered on pullbacks. I've added a $21.95 target and I think this will get hit later this week after a possible dip early.

9/2: This marks the second time our first target has been hit. My comments from remain the same. Also, if tomorrow's employment report is bad readers should consider closing positions.

Current Position: Buy December $21.00 CALL, entry was at $1.40

Entry on August 25, 2010
Earnings 11/9/2010 (unconfirmed)
Average Daily Volume: 1.75 million
Listed on August 25, 2010


Stillwater Mining - SWC - close 14.69 change -0.04 stop 13.55 *NEW*

Target(s): 16.30, 16.95, 17.65
Key Support/Resistance Areas: 14.40 to 14.70
Current Gain/Loss: -20%
Time Frame: 1 to 3 weeks
New Positions: Yes

Comments:
9/8: SWC is consolidating recent gains and is maintaining an upward trend line that began on 8/25. The stock has strong support all the way down to the $14.00 level. We're looking for SWC to find support soon and make another higher high.

9/7: SWC sold off and closed its gap higher from Thursday to Friday. The stock closed above its key support level of $14.40 to $14.70 and is maintaining an upward trend line since 8/25. New positions can be considered at current levels. I've moved the stop to just below the 20-day SMA.

9/4: We are long SWC as of today's open. The stock opened at our trigger and we are looking for a continued move higher. Readers may want to consider opening new positions on pullbacks, perhaps around $14.75. This would fill the gap higher today. Considering the impressive run in SWC over the past 4 days a pullback should be expected.

Current Position: Long October $15.00 CALL, entry was at $1.20

Entry on September 3, 2010
Earnings 11/4/2010 (unconfirmed)
Average Daily Volume: 1.62 million
Listed on September 2, 2010


PUT Play Updates

Abercrombie & Fitch - ANF - close 34.49 change -0.08 stop 35.65 *NEW*

Target(s): 35.05 (hit), 34.60 (hit), 34.20, 33.55
Key Support/Resistance Areas: 38.20, 37.25, 32.75, 34.00, 30.50
Current Gain/Loss: -10%
Time Frame: Several weeks
New Positions: No

Comments:
9/8: ANF came within 9 cents of our $34.05 target so this has been raised to $34.20. ANF posted its lowest since 7/21 on Wednesday and the stock looks ready to make another leg down, but we are going to need to see broader market weakness. I suggest readers continue to use weakness to close positions or tighten stops. I've lowered the stop $35.55 and adjusted the final two targets.

9/7: I've lowered the stop in ANF to $36.20 and added a target of $33.25. I suggest readers continue to use weakness to close positions or tighten stops. 9/4: My comments from below remain valid. Sellers stepped in again when ANF tried to move higher and the stock closed near its lows. The chart looks terrible but ANF should benefit from a strong broader market so I urge readers to be cautious. We don't want to be swimming against the current. I'm expecting some market weakness early this week and suggest readers use it to tighten stops or close positions to protect capital. I've narrowed the targets significantly.

9/2: There is obviously a big seller of ANF which makes me think the sell-off could continue in the stock. However, tomorrow is a wild card so I urge readers to be cautious with positions if the broader market rally continues. I've tightened the stop and adjusted the targets.

Current Position: Long October $34.00 PUT, entry was at $2.10

Entry on August 25, 2010
Earnings: 11/11/10 (unconfirmed)
Average Daily Volume: 3.5 million
Listed on August 24, 2010


United Technologies - UTX - close 68.77 change +0.49 stop 69.11

Target(s): 67.70, 67.25, 66.80
Key Support/Resistance Areas: 69.00, 68.50 67.50, 66.50, 64.75,
Current Gain/Loss: -39%
Time Frame: 1 to 2 weeks
New Positions: No

Comments:
9/8: We need UTX to break below $68.25 and if it does we should get a quick pullback which I'm suggesting we use to close positions or tighten stops to protect capital. I've adjusted the immediate targets up just a tad. Our stop is in the right place which could get hit on any further strength tomorrow.

9/7: UTX came within 2 cents of our immediate target in early trading. My comments from below remain the same. I'm suggesting we use weakness to close positions or tighten stops to protect capital.

9/4: UTX closed just below its 20-day and 50-day SMA's. I'm expecting the stock to turn back lower here but I don't think the selling will last long so I suggest readers begin to look for a exit. We have to respect this week's turnaround in the market and use weakness to close positions, even if that means a loss. I've provided three near term targets readers should use to consider closing positions or tightening stops as they approach.

9/1: We got filled at the higher trigger in UTX so we are now long October $65 puts for $1.60. Considering the turnaround in equities today I suggest readers use caution in this position. I've narrowed the targets to account for the higher fill and suggest readers consider taking profits or tightening stops to protect them at these levels.

Current Position: Long October $65.00 PUT, entry was at $1.60

Entry on September 1, 2010
Earnings: 10/20/10 (unconfirmed)
Average Daily Volume: 4.4 million
Listed on August 31, 2010