Current Portfolio:


CALL Play Updates

ConocoPhillips - COP - close 55.38 change +0.63 stop 52.30

Target(s): 55.85, 56.90, 57.75
Key Support/Resistance Areas: 58.50, 57.00, 53.00 to 53.50
Current Gain/Loss: +9%
Time Frame: 1 to 3 weeks
New Positions: Yes, on a pullback

Comments:
9/13: COP is nearing our first target. Considering the overbought conditions in the broader market readers should considering taking profits or tightening stops to protect at this level.

9/11: Nothing has changed from my previous comments.

9/9: COP is consolidating above support, all of its moving averages, and is maintaining and upward trend line from 8/31. The broader market is at resistance and is probably due for a pullback so we may need to exhibit a little patience. However, if we breakout higher first I suggest readers be quick to take profits or tighten stops to protect them. I've adjusted the targets down slightly to account for this scenario.

Suggested Position: Buy November $57.50 CALL, entry was at $1.05

Entry on September xx
Earnings 10/28/2010 (unconfirmed)
Average Daily Volume: 8.9 million
Listed on September 4, 2010


iShares Russell 2000 - IWM - close 65.27 change +1.55 stop 59.80

Target(s): 66.50, 67.75
Key Support/Resistance Areas: 68.00, 67.00, 64.50, 62.00
Time Frame: 2 to 4 weeks

Comments:
9/13: IWM has left the train station without us and is now well above our trigger to enter long positions. I still like the play on a pullback but the question is how far will it come. This could get tricky considering its OPEX week but I do believe a pullback to the 50-day SMA will hold. Let's raise the trigger to $63.15. The 50-day is currently just under $63.00.

9/9 & 9/11: IWM is backing off from its 200-day SMA near $64.50. Our trigger to enter long positions at $62.50 is below the 50-day and above the 20-day moving averages. I like the long set-up, now we need to get triggered. More nimble traders may want to try to time an entry near $62.00 which is closer to the 20-day SMA which is starting to turn up.

9/8: We are waiting for our trigger of $62.50 to enter long positions in IWM. We are going to need a strong down day which could come at anytime, perhaps after tomorrow's jobless claims report. I suggest being ready to take advantage of the dip. My comments from below remain the same. Note: I incorrectly listed the wrong November strike price in the play release last night. It has been corrected and I apologize for the error.

Suggested Position: Buy November $65.00 CALL, current ask $2.55, estimated ask at entry $2.00

Entry on September xx
Earnings N/A (unconfirmed)
Average Daily Volume: 60 million
Listed on September 7, 2010


NVIDIA Corp. - NVDA - close 10.64 change +0.57 stop 9.55 *NEW*

Target(s): 10.75, 11.10, 11.80
Key Support/Resistance Areas: 11.85, 11.45, 11.00, 10.25, 10.00 9.45
Current Gain/Loss: +33%
Time Frame: 1 to 2 weeks
New Positions: Yes, on a pullback

Comments:
9/13: NVDA surged +5.66% today and looks poised to test its 100-day SMA which is declining. We have a +33% gain so protecting profits is advised. I've raised the stop to $9.55 and lowered the 2nd target $11.10. If we head higher prior to pulling back be ready to take profits or tighten stops.

9/9 & 9/11: NVDA remains above $10.00 and its 20-day and 50-day SMA's. Any pullback to these areas would be good long set-ups for new entries.

9/8: NVDA hit our breakout trigger to enter long positions. The stock has now officially printed a higher high which confirms the higher low made last week. The stock has closed above its 50-day SMA and its 20-day SMA is rising. We also have an upward trend line as a good reference point to manage the trade going forward. I think pullbacks can be bought for readers who do not have open positions. $10.00 is a solid support level but I'm not convinced NVDA will trade there unless broader market weakness surfaces in earnest, which is certainly a possibility.

Current Position: Long October $10.00 CALL, entry was at $0.72

Entry on August xx
Earnings 11/4/2010 (unconfirmed)
Average Daily Volume: 23.5 million
Listed on August 28, 2010


Stillwater Mining - SWC - close 14.63 change +0.15 stop 13.78 *NEW*

Target(s): 15.45, 15.90, 16.30, 16.95
Key Support/Resistance Areas: 14.40 to 14.70
Current Gain/Loss: -33%
Time Frame: 1 to 3 weeks
New Positions: Yes

Comments:
9/13: My comments below remain the same. 9/11: I've lowered the stop 12 cents to 13.78 which is just underneath the 20-day moving average. The 14.40 level is the logical place for SWC to bounce but we are going to need the broader market strength to continue. My comments from below remain the same.

9/9: SWC is at a critical support level and if it breaks I am concerned SWC could head towards $13.00. As such, I suggest we tighten the stop to $13.90 and step aside if it gets hit. I've lowered the targets to take advantage of higher highs should SWC turn back higher from here.

9/8: SWC is consolidating recent gains and is maintaining an upward trend line that began on 8/25. The stock has strong support all the way down to the $14.00 level. We're looking for SWC to find support soon and make another higher high.

Current Position: Long October $15.00 CALL, entry was at $1.20

Entry on September 3, 2010
Earnings 11/4/2010 (unconfirmed)
Average Daily Volume: 1.62 million
Listed on September 2, 2010


Transocean Ltd - RIG - close 58.84 change +0.02 stop 53.40

Target(s): 62.95, 64.50, 66.50
Key Support/Resistance Areas: 55.50, 58.35, 63.90, 64.90
Current Gain/Loss: -13%
Time Frame: 2 to 4 weeks
New Positions: Yes

Comments:
9/13: We are long RIG calls as of this morning. The stock retraced some of Friday's gains and is holding above a prior resistance level of $58.35. RIG is also forming a bull flag on its hourly chart. My comments from below remain the same.

9/11: RIG exploded on Friday after BP's new CEO said that BP does not intend to seek compensation from RIG for the oil spill disaster unless the DOJ finds gross negligence on their part. Reports from FBR and BofA/Merrill state that they don't believe the DOJ will be able prove gross negligence. RIG is also a cheap stock trading at a PE below 7. Technically, the stock broke out of a downward trend line on heavy volume that started on May 27th. The stock has made a series higher lows and higher highs which I think will continue. I suggest we open positions at current levels. More nimble traders may want to time an entry on a retracement of some of Friday's gains or a breakout above Friday's highs. Our initial stop will be $53.40.

Current Position: Long November $65.00 CALL, entry was at $2.25

Entry on September 13, 2010
Earnings 11/3/10 (unconfirmed)
Average Daily Volume: 8 million
Listed on September 11, 2010


Vale SA - VALE - close 28.36 change +0.93 stop 25.80

Target(s): 28.38 (hit), 28.75, 29.25, 29.70
Key Support/Resistance Areas: To Follow
Current Gain/Loss: +60%
Time Frame: 1 to 3 weeks
New Positions: Yes

Comments:
9/13: Vale surged +3.39% higher today and our first target has been hit. I'm looking for $28.75 and suggest we close positions or tighten stops at this level.

9/11: VALE traded right down $27.25 and bounced so we are now long October 29.00 calls at 50 cents. I've added a lower target right underneath the 200-day SMA. My primary targets on this trade are the first two. If the first target is reached our 50 cent options should be worth about 80 cents which is a +60% gain. As these targets approach I suggest we keep a tight leash on the trade get out with a winner.

9/9: We are waiting to be triggered at $27.25 which is just above the 50-day SMA and Tuesday's lows. I'm looking for this area as a bounce point in VALE back up towards its August highs. NOTE: I incorrectly listed the wrong monthly option as November in the play release last night. It should be October and has been corrected. I apologize for the error.

NOTE: I have chosen a further out of the money call than normal to reduce risk on the trade should the stock break lower.

Current Position: Long October $29.00 CALL at, entry was at $0.50

Entry on September 10, 2010
Earnings 10/28/10 (unconfirmed)
Average Daily Volume: 17 million
Listed on September 8, 2010


PUT Play Updates

McDonald's Corp. - MCD - close 74.57 change -0.44 stop 75.75

Target(s): 73.25, 72.05, 70.90
Key Support/Resistance Areas: 75.35, 73.60, 71.50, 70.50
Current Gain/Loss: -2.3%
Time Frame: 1 week
New Positions: Yes

Comments:
9/12: MCD lost -0.59% while the broader market surged higher today. The stock traded right up to $74.30 and sold off hard before bouncing late in the day. I'm looking for MCD break through its 20-day and head towards its 50-day SMA but we are most likely going to need to see a broader market pullback. I've added a target of $73.25 which will fill a gap higher on 9/1. This should give us nearly a +50% gain and is a good place to consider taking profits or tightening stops to protect them.

9/11: I expected MCD to fill some of the its gap lower on Thursday but was a little surprised the stock traded to $75.00. On the hourly chart MCD closed right on its 20 and 50 period moving averages which it is testing from below. This is a logical spot for the stock to turn lower but we will most likely need broader market weakness. If MCD heads higher first a nice short set-up would be in the $75.30 area. This would create a bearish head and shoulders pattern on the hourly chart.

9/9: MCD printed a new all-time high of $76.36 yesterday. The recent surge higher was due to the company reporting +7% y/y same store sales in early August. Today MCD reported that August same store sales were up only +4.9% y/y compared to the prior +7% gain. This wasn't good enough for investors as they began dumping the stock on heavy volume. I believe the selling will continue at least to a key support level near $72.00 which was prior resistance in May. I suggest readers initiate short positions to take advantage of the momentum and possible broader market pullback. The gap down today hasn't been filled but I don't think it will prior to breaking lower. Let's use a trigger of $74.60 or a breakdown to $73.55 to open positions. We'll use an initial tight stop of $75.75 which is below yesterday's high and get out early if we are wrong.

Current Position: Long October $72.50 PUT, entry was at $0.84

Entry on September 10, 2010
Earnings: 10/21/10 (unconfirmed)
Average Daily Volume: 6 million
Listed on September 9, 2010


CLOSED BULLISH PLAYS

Int'l Business Machines - IBM - close 129.61 change +1.62 stop 125.90 *NEW*

Target(s): 127.40 (hit), 128.90 (hit), 129.75 (hit)
Key Support/Resistance Areas: 132.00, 128.00, 127.50, 123.00
Final Gain/Loss: +81.3%
Time Frame: 1 to 2 weeks
New Positions: No

Comments:
9/13: IBM surged higher today and hit our final target so we are flat the position for a +81.3% gain. The stock is nearing overhead resistance from the 7 month long sideways channel. Protect profits.

9/11: Our gain is currently +35% as our first target was hit on Friday, so taking at least some profits off of the table is probably the smart thing to do. We're going to raise the stop to below Friday's low and I'm also adding another target of 128.90. I suggest closing the trade at this target or trailing the stop up to see how much more you can get out of it.

9/9: IBM has traded to just below our first target in 3 of the past 4 sessions, but keeps getting smacked down near some moving averages and resistance at $127.50. The stock is making higher lows but hasn't been able to breakout. I've lowered the first target 35 cents and suggest we take profits or tighten stops at this level if it is reached tomorrow. I would rather book a profit than sit through a pullback. I've also tightened the stop to $124.25.

Closed Position: Long October $130.00 CALL at $2.72, entry was $1.50

Annotated chart:

Entry on September 1, 2010
Earnings 10/18/2010 (unconfirmed)
Average Daily Volume: 5.5 million
Listed on August 28, 2010


Rackspace Hosting, Inc - RAX - close 22.48 change +0.74 stop 21.14 *NEW*

Target(s): 21.85 (hit), 22.30 (hit), 22.65 (hit)
Key Support/Resistance Areas: 23.50, 21.40, 20.00, 19.50, 19.00, 18.00
Final Gain/Loss: +100%
Time Frame: 3 to 5 weeks
New Positions: No

Comments:
9/13: RAX surged higher again today and our final targets were hit. We are flat the position for +100% gain. I'll reprint this comment from below: One of the reasons I released this play was takeover chatter circulating in the sector and around the company. We all saw what happened with 3Par. Hanging on to a small position could pay off but take profits off the table so you are at least playing with the houses money, per se.

9/11: RAX broke out of the ascending triangle I mentioned below and gained +3.5% today. The stock has gained more than +10% from our entry and our options have gained +60%. Taking at least some profits off of the table is the smart thing to do. It wouldn't surprise me to see RAX pull back to the $21.35 area before a continuation higher if the broader market strength continues this week. Regardless we are going to keep a tight leash on this trade and move the stop all the way up 21.14. I would also watch out for a possible double top with Friday's high at 21.86 so I have lowered the next target 10 cents to 21.85 and the final target is 22.30. Essentially, we are looking to book gains on this position n the coming days. One of the reasons I released this play was takeover chatter circulating in the sector and around the company. We all saw what happened with 3Par. Hanging on to a small position could pay off but take profits off the table so you are at least playing with the houses money, per se.

9/9: We currently have a +30% gain in RAX. Let's move our stop up to $18.95 which is just below the 200-day SMA and primary upward trend line. The stock is forming an ascending triangle over the past couple of weeks and a breakout, coupled with broader market strength, could catapult RAX to our more aggressive targets. If this happens be ready to take profits or tighten stops to protect them.

Closed Position: Long December $21.00 CALL at $2.80, entry was at $1.40

Annotated chart:

Entry on August 25, 2010
Earnings 11/9/2010 (unconfirmed)
Average Daily Volume: 1.75 million
Listed on August 25, 2010


CLOSED BEARISH PLAYS

Abercrombie & Fitch - ANF - close 35.48 change +0.63 stop 35.65

Target(s): 34.60 (hit), 34.20 (hit), 33.55
Key Support/Resistance Areas: 38.20, 37.25, 32.75, 34.00, 30.50
Final Gain/Loss: -40%
Time Frame: Several weeks
New Positions: No

Comments:
9/13: ANF hit our stop this morning so we are out of the position for a loss. Simply put, the broader market doesn't look ready for a meaningful drop so it will be difficult for ANF to reward us and we are protecting capital.

9/11: ANF just won't let go under $34.00 but if there is broader market weakness this week it could go quick. I'm leaving this open more as a hedge on our long positions with a tight stop above last week's highs. All of the targets above remain valid. My comments from below remain the same.

9/9: ANF hit our third target and we have one more. We have a tight stop at $35.65 and the broader market looks like it could pullback here. If it does ANF should head lower in earnest. Our final target is $33.55 which we will use to close positions if we are not stopped out first. Continue to use weakness to close positions.

Closed Position: Long October $34.00 PUT at $1.25, entry was at $2.10

Annotated chart:

Entry on August 25, 2010
Earnings: 11/11/10 (unconfirmed)
Average Daily Volume: 3.5 million
Listed on August 24, 2010